Employment Opportunity - Peninsula Market Media Consultant
Our Media Consultants represent the most reputable brands in the industry including ESPN, AMC, FX, Bravo and many more. Our digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences using geo-conversion zones, keyword and search retargeting, video pre-roll and location-based audience segments.
We hire energetic, passionate people with a drive to succeed and exceed client expectations.
A career as a Media Consultant will offer you a collaborative and fast-paced environment, competitive pay with uncapped earning potential, and recognition for your outstanding performance.
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail Jim Zagami at Jim.Zagami@coxmedia.com expressing interest. Attach cover letter and/or resume.
- Engage with new and existing clients to understand business objectives
- Create marketing campaigns to drive results through strategic television and digital advertising solutions
- Generate new business leads by prospecting and making cold calls to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Provide digital advertising and marketing solutions customized to each client's needs from the Cox Media product suite that includes on-air commercials, online video, social media placements, and mobile marketing solutions
- Build and grow relationships with prospective clients by maintaining a high understanding of the organization and by focusing on key decision-makers
- Create and present customized advertising proposals and successfully close negotiations
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenue achievement
- Increase knowledge of sales and product offerings through provided on-going training
- Build awareness and engagement with Cox Media in the local business community by attending industry events and trade shows
- 1+ years of marketing experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Motivated team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Valid driving license, good driving record, and reliable transportation
- Experience in digital, cable, broadcast, and advertising sales or advertising agencies
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (business, advertising or marketing)
- Solid understanding of marketing principles and the applications in business
- Certification from Interactive Advertising Bureau, and/or Google AdWords and/or Google Analytics
About Cox Communications
Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. It is part of Cox Communications, a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Its Cox Business division is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among Diversity Inc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times.